Assessed TP3 - Present perfect simple (already, yet)
Grammar: to introduce the Ss to "yet" and "already" in the present perfect simple and get recognize their meaning and place in a sentence, doing some practice.
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of life achievements
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
1. T tells students he would like to share his ambitions and dreams with his students, saying that he's already achieved some of them, but others still need to be achieved yet. He asks them to try to remember which is which. 2. T tells class that when he was young, he dreamt of getting a master's degree, getting a doctorate (PhD), becoming successful in his career (work), getting married, and owning a house of a piece of land. 3. T tells class which he's achieved, and when: he got his master's two years ago. He has a good job and he likes it. 4. T asks to Ss to discuss in pairs which ambitions T has achieved and which he hasn't, setting one minute. 5. T elicits on WB 5 students in the present perfect with "yet" and "already" stating which he's achieved and which not yet.
1. Hiding the sentences on the board, the T drills examples of the present perfect simple with already and yet in all the affirmative, negative, and interrogative forms. 2. T writes up examples on the board, using green for the aux and main verbs and red for "yet" and "already" and elicits their different positions in the sentences.
1. T chests activity 1 in HOs (which they already have) and gets them to fill the gaps. 2. T asks sts to compare in pairs. 3. T gets WC FB and checks answers
1. T names sts in pairs as "Boss" and "Employee". 2. T explains that some that they should imagine they're a boss or an employee and that they need to check that some work has been done. 3. T hands out HOs. 4. T elicits 1st item as an example. 5. Sts talk in pairs 6. T gets quick WC check of the answers.
1. T introduces activity, saying "it's more about us now." 2. T chests activity and asks students to write to more items they would want to ask about 3. T gets the sts to mingle around to class asking peers and seeing if there are others who have or haven't done the same things. 4. T monitors, correcting if errors as it is an accuracy activity 5. T gets FB from only one or two pairs