By the end of the class, ss will be able to role-play a conversation in the context of inviting someone to do something, proposing options, and declining offers. Ss will also be able to use A2 phrases according to the EVP.
To provide review of places to have fun in the context of friendly invitations
Procedure (39-50 minutes)
1. T will show slide 1 with a picture of different places where people like hanging out. 2. T will elicit some words for the places. i.e. park, cinema, etc. 3. T will ask ss to work in pairs. Ss will take turns to mention how often they go to these places and what they like to do when they are there. Ss will have 3-4 minutes. ICQ: How long will you speak? 4 min 4. After completing the task, T will elicit some ideas they mentioned.
1. T will tell students they will be listening to an audio. It's about a boy and a girl. The boy is trying to invite the girl to do something together. The girl is picky and won't accept almost any idea. 2. T will tell students they do not need to take any notes, just pay attention to the place they will go and what they will do. ICQ: Is it necessary to take notes? No 3. Play Audio 1. 4. Ask Ss which places were mentioned and what they'll do.
1. Tell students they will listen again to the conversation, but this time they will be reading the script. Tell ss they need to circle the phrases the boy used to invite the girl, and to give other options. Tell ss they also need to circle the phrases the girls used to decline the offers. 2. Play Audio 1 again 3. Ask ss if they need to listen again. 4. Play audio 1 again if necessary. 5. Share answers with ss. Clarification 1. Provide clarification about meaning 2. Provide clarification about form. Have students specially notice verb forms. 3. Provide clarification about pronunciation, have students repeat after you. Have Students role-play audio in pairs. Only once.
1. Tell students to look around the classroom where different pictures have been placed. 2. Quickly elicit some of the places. 3. Get ss in pairs. 4. Tell students they will be role-playing something similar to what they just listened to. 5. Tell students that Student A will be inviting, and Student B will be accepting or declining. Students A have to invite and propose some activities they can do there. 6. Tell students B can accept or decline depending on personal preference. 7. Tell students they will have around 8 minutes to do the activity. They have to move around the classroom to "move" locations. 8. After 8 minutes, tell students to switch partners, doesn't matter with whom. 9. Tell students they need to change roles and know they have other 8 minutes. 10. Conduct OCFB on general mistakes.
1. Conduct feedback. 2. Conduct DEC.