Men and Women
Intermediate B1 level
By the end of the first part, ss will be able to develop their listening for gist and for details skills and demonstrate it by answering the comprehension check questions properly. By the end of the second part of the lesson, ss will clarify and practice a set of vocabulary on the topic of 'relatioinships'. They will use this vocab in their oral speech more accurately
Ss will develop their oral fluency is Speaking activities planned in the lesson. Ss will also develop reading skills while they are scanning the text for vocab
Procedure (83 minutes)
I will play a quick name game with ss: my name is Andy and I like Apples (A-A)
Quick chat: how are men and women different? BE POSITIVE and create a list of differences. Conclusion: is it good or bad? Do we have to be the same?
- activity 1: ex 4B, T. 1.3 - ss will lsten and follow the instructions drawing a bike - activity 2: ex. 4C, T. 1.4 - ss will listen to the interpretation and look at the picture. They work in pairs and discuss the questions on the exercise provided on the handout
Ss listen to T 1.5 WITHOUT looking at the handout (face down!) The task is to identify what these people are talking about. After they finish listening, they compare their answers in pairs and then in open class
Ss look at the handout ex. 4D questions. I will make sure they have read and understood the questions properly before they start to listen. Then they will listen and answer the questions in pairs and then - open class feedback
Ss in pairs discuss the questions in ex 5. Open class feedback - short!! Both on content and on accuracy!
Ex. 6A. Ss work in pairs and answer the questions Open class feedback
1. Ex. 6C. Ss listen to sentences and number the words they hear. 2. Ex. 6D. Ss mark the stress on the words
Ex. 6B. Regrouping. Ss work with a new partner and discuss the 2 questions. Open class feedback
1. Ex 7. Ss work individually (thinking time!) and prepare to talk about their relationships. T monitors and helps with vocab 2. Ss talk to their partners and share this information. Their partner is asking questions and getting ready for sharing one most interesting detail about their friend.
1. Ss do the quiz What Women Really Think. Individual work – pairs compare 2. Ss read the text to check their answers.
Focus on meaning: Ss do ex. 9B and sort the expressions out into groups. Ind work – pair work – open class feedback (TPS)
1. Ss do ex. 10A. Find someone who game. Mingling.
I will ask ss a coupe of questions about what they have found out about their friends (feedback on content) I will also do some error correction on the board (feedback on accuracy)